Hot Wax Tuning Kit
No Speed No Life!
There is nothing worse than your equipment not performing. It limits your ability and it could really make for a bad day. Keep it waxed and keep it fast!
Hot Wax Tuning Kit includes:
Custom Waxing Iron, two high performance Waxes, (X-wax Cool and X-Wax Rub-on) Plastic 6" Scraper, P-Tex Candles, Fibertex Pad, Custom Bag to carry just about everything you need to tune your equipment. Complete Instructions.
Waxing, Scraping, Iron Instructions:
1. Select correct temperature specific wax by checking mountain conditions/snow report...(actual snow temperature, not air).
2. Press wax on the iron and distribute small drips of wax over the entire base. DO NOT ALLOW IRON TO SMOKE!
3. With iron in hand, slowly pull the iron over the wax drips smoothing them into a sheet of wax that covers the entire base tip to tail.
4. Let the wax cool 10-15 minutes, then scrape with a sharp plastic scraper. DO NOT USE a steel scraper.
5. Use a wax brush or fiber pad, remove excess wax from base, brushing from tip to the tail. This allows your base to glide fast.
1. Place board or skis in a vise to secure and clean base with a fresh hot wax job and scrape or use ONEBALL Base Cleaner.
2. Check the side and base edges for burrs. Rub a ceramic, diamond or gummy stone over the area to remove burrs in preparation for edge shaping.
3. Use the ONEBALL Edge Tool to sharpen side edges. Start from the tip and pull smoothly with firm pressure to the tail. Do this in smooth passes until the edges are sharp. Repeat on the other side. Remember to flip the file around so that the teeth face the proper direction... look for the arrow.
4. If you like your board or skis to be catch-free in the tip and tail then de-tune using a de-burring stone to round the edges on the tip and tail. Start on the edges as they curve up into the tail and nose and file down approx. 1.5" past the edge contact point as your base lays flat.
5. For really sharp edges, take a fine diamond stone or polishing stone and go over the edge again using the same technique.
6. If you like to jib rails and boxes, don't sharpen your edges much to keep them catch free.
Keep your edge tool clean with the file brush!
Enjoy your Speed!